A successful project leader knows how to bring together, expedite, and monitor the essential elements of complex organizational tasks to align project and corporate objectives. This training will assist participants to identify and integrate the core technical task- and people-oriented skills required of successful project leaders who complete projects on time, within budget. The program focuses upon the practical project management tools, techniques, and methodologies one can use immediately to facilitate high-performance project teams, emphasizing leadership strategies that promote creative group thinking and problem-solving skills consistent with the global demands of “learning organizations.” An experiential format is utilized to integrate essential learning.
- Identify the major steps to coordinate a project in order to manage effectively throughout the project life cycle and link project goals and objectives to stakeholder needs
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the use of project development tools, techniques and methodologies that assist in creating realistic project schedules, monitoring resource requirements, controlling costs and managing risks (e.g., Work breakdown structures, network diagrams, earned value, resource allocation)
- Apply the foundation principles of total quality management and systems thinking that improve financial measures, enhance organizational effectiveness, and promote customer satisfaction
- Personalize a strategy, which balances technical task- and people-oriented requirements, in order to serve both the short- and long-term objectives of the organization
- Utilize group problem-solving tools to facilitate innovative group thinking skills to create effective, efficient, and adaptable business processes that align corporate objectives with global business demands and enhance the development of intellectual capital