Value Stream Mapping (VSM) is an initial step in identifying and implementing Lean Manufacturing improvements across your operation. This two and a half day project will work with a cross-functional team of middle management to measure and identify areas for improvement within the production and information flows of your operation, establish a vision for the future, and develop a plan to achieve the vision.
Functional areas covered can include purchasing, production, scheduling, shipping/receiving, inventory control, procurement, estimating engineering, and quality. A Value Stream Mapping of the Front Office includes sales, customer service and finance managers, with some cross over into the floor areas.
- A shared organizational understanding of current opportunities for elimination of non-value adding activities
- Establishment of a proactive operations vision that dramatically improves performance
- Agreement within management of the need for change and the path to achieve change
- Development of an implementation plan to achieve vision
- Training of internal resources on value stream mapping techniques
- Current State Map, complete with existing operating performance measures
- Future State Map that identifies a new information and production process
- Implementation plan to achieve the Future State