If you have an upcoming event that you would like to add to our calendar, please email our Director of Marketing with the details.
Rocky Mountain Expo & Tech Forum
Date: January 23, 2020
Time: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Location: West Club at Mile High Stadium
Address: 1701 Bryant Street, Denver, CO 80204
Electronics Engineering and Manufacturing Professionals
Don’t miss Colorado’s Premier Electronics Manufacturing Industry event, which features three Technical Presentations from industry experts, a bustling expo floor with local and national suppliers, and a myriad of other perks including a free lunch, prize giveaways, stadium tours, and a happy hour. If you design, fabricate, sell, or use PCBs or PCB Assemblies in your job, make it a priority to attend this noteworthy event.
Business Excellence Workshop
Date: February 20, 2020
Time: 9:00 am – 1 pm
Location: Geotech Environmental Equipment
Address: 2650 E 40th Ave, Denver, CO 80205
Learn how to optimize your people and processes to achieve your company’s strategies and business goals. This 4-hour workshop provides a thorough exploration of the Manufacturing Excellence process that helps leaders assess their organization in order to identify the pain points and obstacles that impact productivity, on-time delivery, quality, employee performance and retention, safety and – ultimately – revenue.
Workshop attendance is limited to a total of 2 participants per company. This workshop is designed for C-Suite level participants: owners, presidents, CEOs and 1 member of their executive team.
This workshop is part of a 5-part series beginning in February and running through December. Each session highlights one or more of the latest products in our menu of offerings. Facilitated by our Director of Client Services, Shane Barber, these workshops will be of value to anyone within the manufacturing community, but may be especially useful for manufacturers who are either new to Manufacturer’s Edge or who have not worked with us in the past few years and may not be familiar with some of our more recent developments.
Space is limited and attendance for this workshop is reserved exclusively for manufacturers.
This workshop is free of charge and lunch will be provided.
Provided Resources and Materials:
Following the workshop, participants will receive access to a customized Business Excellence assessment and a private follow-up session to help you develop a strategy to achieve success.
NOCO: Lunch & Learn – Cyber Attack Counterattack
Date: February 20, 2020
Time: 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
Address: 815 14th Street Southwest, Bldg D190, Loveland, Co 80537
Many technology departments and managed service providers believe the answer to protecting manufacturers from cyberattacks is to pour money at the problem with newer and better software, training and systems. But is this the best approach for your company?
In this 90-minute working lunch session, we’ll explain why you as a manufacturer should stop or reduce spending on many of these tools. Some of these investments may, in fact, be reducing your company’s productivity and functionality.
Our panel members will share some revolutionary ideas that should dramatically change how you work with your IT team to protect your manufacturing company assets and operations from cyberattacks. And yes, with less cost!
We encourage all manufacturing company owners to attend this session and hear this information first-hand. We recommend they bring along their senior internal or external IT leader as well.
Ben Allen, Principal of Allen CIO, has put together a remarkable panel of leading manufacturing-focused cyber security experts for this discussion.
- Moderator: Ben Allen founded Allen CIO in 2019 to provide IT oversight and technology strategic guidance for mid-sized manufacturing companies in Colorado’s Front Range. Prior to that, he founded Allen Technology Advising and ran the firm for more than 20 years before selling the company.
- Christopher Sundberg is with Woodward Inc., a Colorado-based independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of control solutions for the aerospace and industrial markets. He’s been with the company for more than 11 years and currently serves as a Global Cyber Security Engineer.
- Jennifer Kurtz is the Cyber Security Program Director at Manufacturer’s Edge, helping mid-sized manufacturers navigate NIST 800-171 compliance matters, identify security gaps and establish remedial plans of action.
- Yon Lew is COO of ISREC International, Ltd. and the CISO/CSO/Managing Director of ISREC North America, which provides cybersecurity services for defense-contracting companies such as Lockheed Martin, Raytheon and Northrup Grumman.
Their stories will be good. And the best practices they’ll share to protect yourself in this decade will be even better!
Please note, this is our first NoCo Mfg Lunch and Learn where you can attend in person or virtually through an interactive live podcast. Please note that the cost of the virtual version is slightly higher to accommodate the professional assistance we will use for this inaugural podcast.
IRCA ISO 9001:2015 – Lead Auditor Training
Date: February 24 – 28, 2020
Time: 8 am – 5 pm
Cost: $2250 per participant; breakfast, lunch, and all materials included
Receive a 10% discount on registration fees for registering 3 or more people from your organization
This week-long training program is presented in collaboration between Manufacturer’s Edge and our trusted partners at Cavendish Scott who have been serving our clients’ ISO needs for many years. The consultants and training professionals at Cavendish Scott are the lead industry experts on all things ISO-related. You don’t want to miss this opportunity to learn from the best.
This formal IRCA (International Register of Certified Auditors) 40-hour course recognized widely by auditor registration organizations including Exemplar Global. This training is administered by the team from Cavendish Scott and is necessary for all registrar auditors and essential to those involved in implementing, maintaining or auditing a quality management system – especially those who are required to interact with ISO 9000:2015 registrars and auditors. Our training is the most comprehensive and intensive learning environment available to prepare you for your own ISO 9000 projects.
Cavendish Scott was the first to have ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor and Transition training in the US. It is taught by experienced instructors who are currently working in the development, implementation, and auditing of quality management systems throughout the world. The course includes frequent exercises, group-work, role-playing and a real audit at a local company to test those theoretical skills learned during the course.
The course has been designed to incorporate Accelerated Learning Techniques and comprehensive course materials, including all presentation overheads, checklists, forms, and tools, which will be invaluable to you outside of the course. This interactive learning environment designed to help you pass the exam on the last day, undertake professional audits and provide you with practical skills to add value to your ISO 9000 program.
- Mandatory prerequisite requirements for the course are fulfilled by preparation materials covering understanding of the content, application and implementation ISO 9001 (click here for more information about prerequisites)
- Understanding and interpreting the requirements of ISO 9001
- The system-process model and the process-approach of the ISO 9001 standard
- Fundamental principles of Quality Management Systems
- Introduction to audit system requirements and a review of the ISO 19011 auditing standards
- Requirements of and purpose for a quality policy, objectives, quality manual, procedures, work instructions, forms, documentation, document control, and record retention
- Role of audits within a quality management system including implementing an audit system, planning and controlling audits, and getting value from audits
- Effective and efficient auditing techniques
- Developing and using audit checklists.
- Realistic role-playing exercises incorporating the use of electronic records
- Conducting a real, on-site audit at a third party company
- Generating meaningful, well-written audit and nonconformance reports
- Gives you an in-depth knowledge of the requirements of ISO 9001 so you will be better able to develop, implement, maintain and audit your quality management system – Makes your ISO 9001 project so much easier
- Formal recognition of the highest auditor qualification improves your professional status
- Demonstrates organizational commitment to your quality management system, especially to registrars
- Realistic role-playing and real audit experience better prepares you for auditing quality management systems and dealing with your registrars’ auditors.
Continental breakfast, lunch and daily refreshments are included.
Fees do not include accommodation or travel costs you may incur.
Successful completion of this course (17083), certificated by the IRCA registration governing board, satisfies the formal training requirements for individuals seeking registration under the IRCA Auditor Registration Schemes. Certificates of successful completion may be used for registered auditor applications for three years from the last day of the course.
Note that class size is strictly restricted by IRCA to limit the tutor to student ratio to one tutor to 10 students or 2 tutors to 20 students.
IRCA has mandated attendees wishing to take the IRCA examination and complete the training course as part of the requirements for becoming qualified as an IRCA Registered Auditor have a basic knowledge before attending the course.
This knowledge includes:
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review, and continuous improvement.
- The fundamental concepts and the seven quality management principles (see ISO 9000).
- The relationship between quality management and customer satisfaction
- Commonly used quality management terms and definitions (as defined in ISO 9000)
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 9001
This knowledge may be obtained through on the job experience, participation in training courses, self-study, and through completing the pre-course exercise Cavendish Scott will provide before the course.
Aerospace Day at the Colorado State Capitol
Date: March 10, 2020
Time: 8:00 am – 6:30 pm
Location: Colorado State Capitol
Address: 200 E Colfax Ave, Denver, CO 80203, USA
Click here to register!
Join the Colorado Citizens for Space Exploration (CSE), Office of Economic Development and International Trade (OEDIT), Colorado Business Roundtable (COBRT), Aerospace States’ Association (ASA), Colorado Space Coalition (CSC), Colorado Space Business Roundtable (CSBR) and Manufacturers Edge in coordination with our numerous aerospace partner organizations, for a day at the Colorado State Capitol.
Enjoy a full day of networking and dialogue with our Colorado Legislators discussing how Colorado became one of the largest space economies per capita in our nation and how they can effectively support aerospace in our state.
Tentative Aerospace Day Schedule:
7:30 AM – 8:00 AM: Vendor Booth Set-Up, Rotunda, North & West Foyer
8:00 AM – 9:00 AM: Welcome and Breakfast Reception, Socialize & Visit Company Displays, North & West Foyer
9:00 AM – 11:30 AM: Visit to House and Senate, House and Senate Chambers/ Visit Company Displays
11:30 AM – 12:45 PM: Lunch Reception, Rotunda, North & West Foyer – Visit Exhibits
12:45 PM -1:00 PM: Group Photo
1:00 PM – 3:00 PM: Socialize & Visit Company Displays, North & West Foyer
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM: Vendor Exhibits Close: Vendor Load Out
4:00 PM – 6:30 PM: Aerospace Panel and Reception – Governor’s Mansion – E 8th Ave, Denver, CO 80203
2020 NOCOM Manufacturing Trade Show
Date: April 9, 2020
Location: The Ranch
Address: 5280 Arena Cir, Loveland, CO 80538, USA
BUILD Strategic Partnerships and GROW Your Business
- Meet with qualified decision-makers
- Exhibit and showcase your products and services
- Network with top Colorado companies
- Learn and share best practices
NOCOM 2020 | Early Bird Booth Registration Until 1/1/2020
Northern Colorado Manufacturing Partnership is pleased to host the largest manufacturing trade show in the state showcasing Colorado’s expanding manufacturing sector, connecting suppliers, manufacturers, and public partners. With 125 booths featured in 2019 and over 900 attendees, the 2020 show is expected to offer more business opportunities than you will find anywhere else! Attendees of the show include business owners, presidents, CEOs, sales and business development managers, sales representatives, buyers, marketing coordinators, students, educators and more. Over 70% of exhibitors gained business from exhibiting NOCOM in previous years.
Our theme 2020, “What is Manufacturing? It’s more than we think!” will challenge us all to think outside of the typical understanding of manufacturing. Did you know manufacturing is the mechanical, physical or chemical transformation of materials or substances into new products including assembling of component parts, blending of materials or liquids? Did you know products could be finished or semi-finished for further manufacturing? Join us at NOCOM to share what you manufacture and what it means to you!
Purchase your booth NOW to take advantage of early bird prices and preferred exhibitor booth placement. Space is limited!
NOCOM Event Schedule
Wednesday, April 8th, 2020
Thursday, April 9th, 2020
9:00 a.m. Exhibition Hall Opens – Venue Sponsored by City of Loveland
Featuring over 130 exhibitors
10:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m. Speaker Hall Opens – Sponsored by AuerCPA Co.
Speaker Hall Details Coming Soon…
3:30 p.m NOCOM Closes
4:00 p.m.– 6:00 p.m. Exhibitor B2B Networking Reception – Sponsored by H2 Manufacturing Solutions and Longmont Economic Development Partnership
Join other manufacturers to swap knowledge, build local partnerships and discuss the future of manufacturing.
Exhibitor Booth Sales
We are excited to announce that NOCOM 2020 will celebrate manufacturers by offering a discounted booth rate in recognition of their contribution to a growing Colorado economy!
Exhibitors are required to be Manufacturers or Direct Supply Chain Products & Service Providers. Exhibitors must be approved by the NOCOM event committee. Email Amanda Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org to get approved and the access code for the registration site.
Manufacturer and Non-Profit Booth Pricing*
10X10 $415 Early Bird until 1/1/2020, $450 Regular Price
10X20 $565 Early Bird until 1/1/2020, $600 Regular Price
Prime End Cap Location Add On: $100
Manufacturers include: 3D printing, assembly, food and beverage, calibration, coatings, cutting, electrical, fabricating, grinding, machining, molding, printing, robotics, stamping, tooling, welding and more
Service Provider Booth Pricing*
10X10 $440 Early Bird until 1/1/2020, $475 Regular Price
10X20 $600 Early Bird until 1/1/2020, $650 Regular Price
Prime End Cap Location Add On: $100
Service providers include: associations, consulting, energy, insurance, IT, logistics, media, software & technology, training, wholesale distributors and more
*Failure to register within the correct category is subject to a 10% corrective administrative fee.
Reserved booth spaces include:
- 5 guest passes for booth staff and guests, we will be in touch closer to the show to register names for your passes.
- pipe and drape
- 8’ table with tablecloth, 2 chairs (exhibit hall is not carpeted)
- electrical power
- WIFI free of charge
- Exclusive Coffee Connections Breakfast: B2B coffee breakfast event only for exhibitors
**Prime Space Add On Ticket** Select either a 10×10 or 10×20 booth and add this option to your registration. This will guarantee your business a PRIME location in the north and south exhibitor hall. (includes corner) First come, first serve. Limited Availability.
B2B Networking Reception – Sponsored by H2 Manufacturing Solutions, Manufacturer’s Edge, and Longmont Economic Development Partnership
Join over 400 attendees to connect and develop new business relationships in a relaxed and fun environment with more manufacturers and more partners. An event ticket will include beer, wine, hors d’oeuvres and prize drawings. No speaker is planned, so that the entire time can be focused on networking and celebrating NOCOM 2020.
The event will be held at Embassy Suites across the street from The Ranch Events Complex.
4705 Clydesdale Pkwy
Pinyon Pine Meeting Room
Loveland, CO 80538
Exhibitor B2B Ticket: $20.00, includes beer, wine, hors d’oeuvres and prize drawings
General B2B Ticket: $40.00, beer, wine, hors d’oeuvres and prize drawings
Tickets are limited and available for purchase with exhibitor registration.
General Attendee Tickets
Visit over 130 exhibitors and join over 900 attendees, build new business relationships, listen to industry leaders speak on topics that strengthen the manufacturing community! Tickets sales will open in early 2020.
Pre-Purchased General Attendee Tickets: $15.00*, avoid lines and enjoy expedited check-in!
Walk-In General Attendee Tickets: $20.00*
Student General Attendee Tickets: Free with student ID
*B2B Networking Reception tickets sold separately
Service providers, we ask you to review the Limit Solicitation Statement below prior to purchasing a ticket.