Brent, is a SME in Supply Chain and Strategy, with over 20 years of experience and a proven track record in both the for-profit and not-for-profit environments. His talents include strategic sourcing, cost of ownership, value engineering, risk assessment, business continuity planning, order to cash (OTC) ERP design, cash flow analysis, product & inventory valuation, should cost modeling, budgets & planning. Brent has extensive experience creating a multitude of agreement including goods and services, intellectual property (IP), collaboration, HR benefit administration agreements. Brent specializes in relationship management (both SRM and CRM) and supplier development. Passionate and committed leader that builds successful teams to achieve company goals by helping teams discover, articulate, and implement strategies.
His core competencies include: Strategic Business Planning, Strategic Sourcing, Supplier Relationship Management, Customer Relationship Management, SCOR model application, Spend Analysis/Cost Modeling, Risk Assessment/Continuity Planning and Lean Manufacturing.
Relevant Career Highlights
- Intel Corporation: Subject Matter Expert (SME) for 12 critical path material suppliers to Intel’s semiconductor packaging factories, partnering with technology development to plan, source and deliver next generation materials to maintain Intel’s competitive advantage. Developed unique sourcing strategy to guarantee indium (In) supply for use in thermal management. Managed supply base through definition of and conversion to lead free (Pb-free) and ROHS compliance.
- Intel Corporation: Managed team of buyers supporting indirect inventory and maintenance requirements for Diffusion, Planar, and Thin Films functional areas to ensure uninterrupted maintenance of equipment within Intel’s 3 multi-billion-dollar silicon wafer factories in Arizona (Fab12, Fab22, and Fab32), achieving best-in-class Operational Excellence (OpX) scores among Intel’s 15 factories by creating Materials Management Team to investigate and improve inventory performance and proactively respond to factory concerns.
- Compassion International: guided internal partners through the sourcing lifecycle, from pre-award through post-award, primarily for Marketing and HR functions while mitigating risks and maintaining compliance (GDPR, PHI, PII, PCI); implemented holistic benefits management strategy resulting in 4 years of reduced PPPM health care costs; led teams through StratOp process to gain clarity and alignment, positioning them for growth.
- MBA – Finance, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
- BA – Political Science, History and Business, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- CSCP certification from APICS
- CPSM certification from ISM
- StratOp certification from the Paterson Center
- Outdoor Emergency Care from the National Ski Patrol