John, a Lean Expert and Six Sigma Black Belt, has over 20 years of experience and a proven track record in efficiency improvement, cost reduction, process improvement, Lean implementation, organizational redesign and corporate culture change, product development, customer focus, materials management and supply chain partnering. John is a Lean practitioner and is a Lean trainer with Manufacturers Edge where he delivered and trained Lean principals to many Colorado companies along the front-range and western slopes.
His core competencies include: Lean/Six Sigma, Kaizen Events, Setup Reduction, 5S, Standard Work, Statistical Process Control, Scheduling, Inventory Management, Project Management, Process Improvement, Operational Analysis, Value Stream Mapping, Statistical Tools, Problem Solving, Failure Mode Effect Analysis, Conflict Resolution and Training.
Relevant Career Highlights
- Manufacturers Edge: As project director for Manufacturers Edge, John provided classroom instruction to company employees, and supported implementations of many different Lean activities that include: Kaizen Events, 5S, Visual Management, Setup Reduction, Plant Floor Layout, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, general Lean introduction and Lean sustainability. John Also provided company specific consulting.
- Dometic Corporation: As the Plant Manager, John was responsible for revamping the production to reduce lead time of products from 10 to 3 days. John also improved on time delivery from 70% to 97%.
- Air System Components: As the Plant Manager, John implemented Lean principles by reducing stock room floor space by 70%, reduced work in process inventory from 30 to 4 days and eliminated batch processing by implementing assembly lines using one piece flow principles. John also implemented an ERP system.
- Siemens Corporation: As the Manufacturing Manager, John led Lean transformation effort for the plant and reduced product lead time from 14 to 3 days. John also implemented process documentation and obtained ISO certification.
- MS – Engineering Management, Wichita State University, Wichita, KS
- BS – Mechanical Engineering, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
- BS – Chemical Engineering, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
- Artemis Project Management
- Six Sigma Black Belt
- CPIM certification from APICS